Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Darien Gold presents The Original Pilates Advanced Mat Repertoire and more



Good instructional video
This is a great video to watch and learn how to do the advanced variations of the classic Pilates sequence however, I thought it too fast to follow as a work out. I consider myself an intermediate Pilates practitioner and I found that by the time it took me to position myself for the next exercise, the instructor was almost ready to move onto the next. Be advised that only the advanced variations of sequence are shown--there are no beginner/intermediate modifications. The workout as a whole is about a half-hour long. It is followed by a reformer session. This is not something I know a lot about so I cannot comment. The initial sequence seems to be repeated immediately after, which I found strange. I didn't watch any more than that. Overall, I recommend the first thirty minutes of this video.

By far the best pilates video you can get on demand
If you want a real Pilates workout that sticks to the original exercises I highly recommend this video. Other videos tend to add their own twist to Pilates, but to me the original exercises are perfect and are so hard to accomplish, so why change it. Darien's form is perfect and the video shoots give you a clear view. This is an advance video so the exercises do happen at a fast peace but you can always pause it.

Thank you Darien for such an awesome video. I wish the "Mat 2" was On Demand as well, but I ordered the DVD. Can't to get it!

Beautiful. This is the real deal.
This is a high-production value, fast-paced, absolutely legitimate rendition of the original Advanced Pilates Matwork. (I taught Pilates for seven years, and took from teachers who were two generations away from Pilates himself.) This is fabulous.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment