Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Albert Lee: Live At The Tivoli



Achieves mediocrity
I'm a long time fan of Lee. Guitarists simply do not come any better. That said this concert is disappointing. It starts off fairly well but just kind of loses steam and focus by the mid point. Shortly after that I find myself becoming bored and asking why I'm still watching. If you can rent it I strongly advise trying that first. This is not a bad dvd but it definitely does not deserve anything better than a mediocre rating. Too bad.

Could have been better...
One more concert recorded live, but without any surprise.
There are few harmony vocals, except with Pete. With the exception of Albert and Peter (and sometimes Gavin), the musicians are poorly filmed (where is Brian?). Musically, I think that Albert should use again his Telecaster guitar : he does not need a tremolo and the sound of his MusicMan is far too "metallic".

A french fan which expects something better on the next DVD/CD release



Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment