Sunday, October 20, 2013

Black in Latin America [Blu-ray]



Black in Latin America
I have recently purchased this DVD. Dr. Gates is phenomenal. I have previously purchased Dr. Gates' other DVDs: African American Lives, Part I and II and Faces of America. His programs are extremely informative and educational. Dr. Gates proves that America is truly a multiracial and multiethnic nation. There is no such thing as a pure American racially or ethnically. Many so-called pure Americans are very surprised to find a distant ancestor of a different race and/or ethnic group somewhere down the line.

His latest program is extraordinary. Blacks in Latin America have an ambiguous status. The average Latin America is either biracial or triracial with European, Native, and African ancestry. He/she is quick to acknowledge his/her European and Native ancestry but is extremely loathe to mention his/her African ancestry. This program is a complete eyeopener! I recommend Black in Latin America for everyone regardless of race and ethnicity.

Now we know the rest of the story!
The late Dr. Ivan Van Sertima, stated in his book titled, "They came before Columbus" that Africans had a vast influence in Latin America. Now we have this excellant documentry to view. Great work Dr. Gates

Poignant and Needed
I viewed the series Black in Latin America on PBS and I recognized that it was something I needed to own to further enlighten myself as well as my family. It is educational for every American living in our great melting pot.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment