Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Stanley V. Henson, Jr's "Bowl of Dreams"



An excellent documentation of the history of an american landmark
I loved this story of Ben's Chili Bowl. I am from VA and I have visited this landmark in DC. Hearing about the history of the owner and those who have visited was better than his chili and I tell you his chili was very tasty. The next time I get a chance to visit DC, I hope I can get another visit to the Chili Bowl. Thanks Stanley for a wonderful story! Kathi Mills Amissville, VA

At last!
This movie is very informative and gives a inside look at the historical background of U Street in Washington, D.C. and the civil rights movement. The interviews with the late Ben Ali (founder of Ben's Chili Bowl), Dick Gregory, Clifton Powell and others are honest and moving. I have been a member of the NCP fan club after buying the "Bowl of Dreams" soundtrack months ago. The music is awesome and inspiring. I was pleased to see great reviews from others that purchased the CD and look forward to having the DVD as well.



Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment